preacherman

Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Testimony

Does God has a purpose for our lives? I believe he has a plan and purpose for each of our lives. You life is so special to Him. The love that God has for you is more than you can begin to comprehend. The Bible says that God's love for us is immeasurable. Each on of us has a story or testimony.

Here is my story:

When I was six years old I woke up one morning and fell out of of bed. I couldn't feel my legs the way I should have and scooted down the hall screaming for mom and dad to help me. They took me to the Dr. And they immediately put me in the hospital and started running tests. Finally they found out that I had the Guillian-Barre Syndrome which is a disease that effect the central nervous system. It is the body fighting against itself. Within a few weeks I was paralyzed from the neck down. Today there is treatment for the Guillian-Barre Syndrome there wasn't when I had it. It eventually causes the respatory system to shut down and death. As you can imagine my parents called on the church to pray for me. It wasn't just my home congregation that was praying, congregations all over the world prayed that I would live. The church in Guam where had our best friends stationed prayed for me. The elders of the church and minister would visit and pray over me. Well, one night I remember it like yesterday. It is one of the real first memories that I won't forget. I went into respitory arrest. I had a near death experience. I remember seeing the bright light and feeling nothing but complete love and like I wanted to stay. A few days later I assisted in breathing and had to have breathing treatments. I remember the team of doctors. Seemed like ten came in and were looking me over and were in complete amazement. I was alive. I had a full blown case of chicken pox another disease that gave my body something else to fight against instead of itself. A couple days later the doctor came in and said, "I have some good news. Your alive. You are a miracle. But, I also have some bad news, you will never walk again." My parents, Christian family and churches praised God for their answered prayer that I was alive. But that wasn't good enough. They continued to pray that I would walk again. A week later I remember feeling my index finger. I Could move it up and down. My mom would put the finger where I needed to scratch the chicken pox to give me some temporary comfort. Within months I had feeling back. I began rigorous rehab. I had to learn how to walk, write, hold a fork, all over again. I had to catch up from missing school. I was in special education and had some learning disabilities. Over the next year I was walking, writing, eating all on my own. Many believed I would have difficulty graduating high school. I graduated from Abilene High in 1993 and Lubbock Christian University in 1998 with a degree in Bible emphasis in youth and family ministry. I believe that God has a purpose. A plan for my life. He had something wonderful in mind for me to do. I felt called. Called to preach the gospel. A burning within my bones. I totally believe in the power of prayer and know that God is such a God of love, mercy, and second chances. I praise God for what he has done in my life and what he will do in the future. That is my story.

I plan on speaking at some Guillian-Barre Syndrome support groups in the future. I also want to share my story with High School students and others. If you want to know more about Guillian-Barre Syndrome you can check out the Guillian-Barre Syndrome International Foundations website at: www.gbsfi.com

God is so good!

What is your story? What is your testimony? How has God answered powerful prayer in your life? Do you feel like you have been called by God? How can you discover your calling? How have you see God make a difference in your life so you can be a living testimony to others? How have you seen his power at work in the plans of your life? Why do so many refuse to accept their calling and believe in the power of prayer? How has prayer made a difference in your life and ministry?
Share your thoughts.

19 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Great testimony. I'll have to write more when I have more time.

God is good!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, peacherman what a powerful testimony. I know God has a wonderful plan for your life. I have seen how God has answered countless prayers in my life even the ones that I wanted that fell through have been what I needed. God does know what we need. I am glad I have such a caring Father who know just what I need.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!
I have learned over the years to trust God because of what I have experienced in life. Loss of a friend and siblings. I know that God is so good to those who trust Him and I have seen the light at the end of tunnel. Thank you preacherman for sharing what God has done in your life. You have been blessed.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe we have all been called but will everyone answer the call? That is the question. Great thoughts preacherman.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Darin L. Hamm said...

Thanks for sharing.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. We read in the bible that trials and tribulations make us grow stronger. Some, who don't know the Lord, think that trials are just bad luck and chalk it up to an unpleasant experience. This is where prayer comes in. Trust in the Lord with ever fiber in your being and life will be so much more rewarding.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Laymond said...

Preacherman we all have a story to tell, and I like you have one that convinced me and my Mom of the awsome power of God.
You have been blessed

10:54 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:11 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Jay,

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am glad that you read my blog. I know personally that as I go through difficulties in life they make me stronger. I turn to God in prayer and God has given me the strength I have needed to endure. I think that is one of the greatest things about being a Christian. You are so right in trusting the Lord. I know my life with God is a lot better than without. I can't imagine a life without a relationship with God especially when I do go through those trials and tribulations.

Thanks again for your comments.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What an awesome testimony of the healing power of God. Thank God for all of the people that prayed for you. Your life is praise to the Lord. That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing it!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Falantedios said...

Dear Kinney,
What a thrilling adventure! One thing we know... our God is amazingly good and imaginative.

My testimony (short form):

I was born on 21 October 1973, the child of a prostitute in NYC. Why I wasn't aborted under the new Roe v. Wade decision, only God knows. My birth mother took care of me as long as she could, and then passed me on to her parents. I moved from family to family throughout my formative years, until my biological half-uncle and his wife (my Mom and Dad) adopted me when I was ten. They were Mormons, and at age twelve, I was baptized into the Mormon church. My IQ and my Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity drove my parents to distraction, but I graduated HS 3rd in my class. I went to West Point, and gradually slid into agnosticism, as I visited the Jewish and Catholic assemblies on post. I left West Point after two years and rented a room in Hoover, Alabama, from an older gay man. Praise God for internet-curious freshmen at David Lipscomb University. I met some Lipscombites online, and after a couple of months, I just packed my duffle bag and hopped on a Greyhound for Nashville. I was homeless for three months before I was able to enroll in a couple of classes at Lipscomb. As a result, I was on campus for the Spring Revival in 1994, where I heard the gospel message from Jeff Walling, and he immersed me into Jesus!

Thank you, preacherman, for sharing your story of God's grace with us.

in HIS love,
Nick Gill
Frankfort, KY

2:29 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Nick,

Thanks for sharing your powerful testimony with all of us.
God is wonderful and works all things together for God.
I thank you for being an inspiration to us all.
God bless you brohter as you continue to serve Him!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

God certainly does have a way of bringing us through the fire more refined on the other side and better able to carry out kingdom business. God bless

9:22 AM  
Blogger Brian Nicklaus said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing your personal life. Too many don't want to talk about personal things but God has done so much for each of us. God bless you.

thanks for checking out my site, too

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any forums that cover the
same topics discussed here? I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get feedback from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

My web page - easy loans quick

9:34 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, ray ban sunglasses, air max, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, nike free, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, chanel handbags, christian louboutin shoes, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp handbags, coach outlet

8:02 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

insanity workout, north face jackets, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg boots, p90x, birkin bag, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, rolex watches, herve leger, hollister, canada goose, babyliss pro, ugg australia, canada goose, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, north face outlet, valentino shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, nike huarache, new balance shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats by dre, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, canada goose uk, mac cosmetics, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, uggs outlet, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, abercrombie and fitch

8:17 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

lancel, canada goose, timberland boots, pandora charms, thomas sabo, moncler outlet, hollister, canada goose, moncler, hollister clothing store, converse, ray ban, louis vuitton, rolex watches, iphone 6 cases, oakley, juicy couture outlet, vans, karen millen, pandora jewelry, ugg, moncler, air max, supra shoes, swarovski crystal, swarovski, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, converse shoes, gucci, ugg, louboutin, montre homme, air max, hollister, coach outlet store online, links of london, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, parajumpers, moncler, toms shoes, wedding dresses, moncler

8:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cheap jordans
ghd uk
moncler outlet
basketball shoes,basketball sneakers,lebron james shoes,sports shoes,kobe bryant shoes,kobe sneakers,nike basketball shoes,running shoes,mens sport shoes,nike shoes
kobe 9
ray-ban sunglasses
rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
winter jackets
christian louboutin outlet
ralph lauren uk
louis vuitton handbags outlet
ugg boots on sale
louis vuitton outlet store
christian louboutin,louboutin,louboutin outlet,louboutin outlet italia,scarpe louboutin
prada outlet online
coach outlet store
tommy hilfiger
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
true religion jeans sale
coach outlet store
1214minko

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home