preacherman

Friday, May 26, 2006

Which Version of The Bible I Enjoy

There has been much debate over the years on which version is the best. Many claim the only true version that one must use is the King James Version. I enjoy reading Shakespeare but for personal study it sometimes bogs you down with the thee's and thou's. We must remember also the KJV was edited by King James so it does have some of his influence in translation of the text. I love the American Standard Version. I find it closest to the orignal greek text. New American is good too. Many enjoy the Revised Standard, and New Revised Standard. As I prepare for sermons and lessons I use the Greek New Testament 4th edition, American Standard and NIV translations. The translation I enjoy the most is the NIV LIfe Application Bible. Study Bibles are wonderful. I preach from the NIV because it is the translation that most use and language of today. There are translations you should be aware of that are loose translations from the original: Living Bible, Amplified Version, Politically Correct Version, 24 Hour Bible, and the Message. Is there any that I left out? I do enjoy reading Eugene H. Peterson's Message Version, he translates some passages in a way that I never thought of before. But since it is one man's version, extremely loose as far as the original text there should be caution. What I tell my congregation and other Christians is if you like the KJV and that is your version great, but don't try to force others to think they are sinners if they don't use your version and if you use the ASV, RSV, NRSV, NKJV, NIV don't do the same. Find a translation that you can understand. If you read it and you don't understand the English what's the point. Let's stop the fighting over translations and start reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

insanity workout, north face jackets, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg boots, p90x, birkin bag, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, rolex watches, herve leger, hollister, canada goose, babyliss pro, ugg australia, canada goose, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, north face outlet, valentino shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, nike huarache, new balance shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats by dre, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, canada goose uk, mac cosmetics, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, uggs outlet, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, abercrombie and fitch

8:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Odell Beckham Jr. 'not having fun' playing Nike Roshe Run football right now Shalise Manza Young,Shutdown Corner Tue, Oct 4 5:09 Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes PM PDT Comments wholesale nfl jerseys Sign in to cheap nfl jerseys like Reblog on Tumblr Nike Air Max 90 Share NFL Jerseys Tweet Email Apparently it Nike Free Run stinks to be Odell Beckham Jr. these days. The New York Giants receiver feels he’s being unfairly targeted by opposing players and officials, and he’s fed up. “Football is my sanctuary,” Beckham told ESPN’s Anita Marks on Tuesday. “It’s where I go to escape. It’s where I’m most happy. I’m not having fun anymore.” He also told Marks nfl jerseys store he has more fun at practice than he has at games.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home